New Hire Information
Welcome to Moravian College!
As a condition of employment, you agree to to have background checks completed by Moravian College which may include a PA Judicial check, social security search, PA State Criminal Check, PA Child Abuse Search, FBI CRiminal Search with fingerprints. Additional position specific checks may be required. The College has contracted CBY SYSTEMS INC to process these checks. The cost of the clearances will be covered by the College. The employee must wait for CBY to contact them to start the process. CLICK HERE for more background check information.
Before your first day:
Click here for instructions on completing the necessary employment forms.
- Sign and return the offer letter sent to you via email
- Employment Application (Required by all)
- Employee Information Form (Full-time)
- Employee Information Form (Part-time)
- Employment Inquiry Release Form & Attached Summary of Rights (Required by all) - Click here to determine if your position requires additional background checks.
- W-4 (Required by all)
- Tax forms: Fill out all that apply to you
- Direct Deposit (Required by all)
- Mark the time and date for your benefits orientation with Human Resources as scheduled by your supervisor.
On your first day:
- Federal I-9 (Required by all). Please view the Federal I-9 instructions here.
- Your supervisor will supply you with information on parking hangtags, a staff ID, and lunch schedules.
Within 45 days of employment:
- Online training Preventing Discrimination and Sexual Violence (Mandatory for all employees)
Click here for more details!
- Technology training: cithelpwiki.moravian.edu
The Center for Information Technology (CIT) has developed self-paced technology orientation for all new faculty and staff for both Mac and PC users that you need to complete. The training materials are basic and cover all components of Moravian's digital ecosystem. Please access the CIT Help Wiki: cithelpwiki.moravian.edu via our CIT Help page (cithelp.moravian.edu). On the wiki landing page, click on "Faculty & Staff" and you will be presented with the self-paced orientation materials. (The direct link is listed there as well.)