Following admission to the MSAT program, and prior to beginning classes, students must complete the following:
- FBI Federal Criminal History Record (Act 114)
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check (Act 34)
- State of Residence Police Criminal Records Check (non-Pennsylvania residents only)
- State Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151)
- Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form (Act 24)
- Drug Testing
- Immunization Record
- Technical Standards Form
- Communicable Disease Policy
- Immunization records should be submitted to the Department of Rehabilitation Sciences Administrative Assistant, Cynthia Rommens (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to MSAT Program Orientation. Other requirements must be completed during Orientation. Costs for these requirements are outlined here.
The MSAT program is challenging but I feel as though it is preparing me for the clinical setting. It is definitely a step above many other programs.
Kellie Wanamaker '20
Program Retention & Graduation Requirements
The student is retained in the MSAT Program provided acceptable academic achievement and clinical progress are made in completing all coursework and professional conduct is maintained.
In order to be retained in good standing in the MSAT Program:
- Students are required to complete all required competency exams and to master all clinical proficiencies as evidenced by successful completion of all Preceptor Clinical Proficiencies in each clinical education course. Failure to do so may result in probation from or dismissal from the MSAT Program.
- Students are required to practice the profession of athletic training in an ethical manner. Failure to do so may result in probation from or dismissal from the MSAT Program.
- Students are required to maintain personal liability insurance (provided by Moravian University) each semester he or she is enrolled in a clinical education course. Failure to do so will result in an inability to complete a clinical education course and may result in probation from or dismissal from the MSAT Program.
- Students are required to complete all clinical education forms and to document completion of all clinical education requirements. Failure to do so may result in probation from or dismissal from the MSAT Program.
- Students are required to adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined in the MSAT Student Handbook.
- Students are required to maintain an overall 3.0 Grade Point Average in the MSAT Program. Failure to do so will result in probation from (1st instance) or dismissal from (2nd instance) the MSAT Program.
- Students are required to earn a grade of C or better in all courses in the MSAT Program. Failure to do so will result in dismissal from the MSAT program.
Students who complete all coursework and clinical education and meet or exceed the program's retention standards will be approved for graduation from the MSAT Program.