Applications now open! Apply through ATCAS or our Moravian University application.
Priority Application: Submit a completed application by December 1st for a Guaranteed Interview with a decision before December 31st.
Rolling Admissions until May 15th
ATHLETIC TRAINING ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Students from any undergraduate major or undergraduate institution may apply for admission to this program. To be considered for admission, the following are required:
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited four-year institution
- Official Transcripts from all institutions listed in the Educational History section of the application
- Preference is given to students with an overall GPA of 3.00 or higher
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores (optional, recommended for students with a cumulative GPA below 3.0)
- (Moravian University school code: 2418 0636)
(ATCAS code: 4506)
- Documentation of clinical observation under the supervision of a certified / licensed athletic trainer
- For cohorts beginning in May 2021 and beyond:
- Anatomy & Physiology (two semester sequence)
- General Biology
- General Psychology
- Completion of the following courses (or their equivalents) with grades of C or better:
If these courses were not included in the baccalaureate degree, candidates must provide evidence of additional coursework demonstrating completion of these prerequisites.
- IELTS/TOEFL - Students who do not consider English to be their primary language are required to submit official scores of a recent IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) examination. Minimum scores for each test can also be found below:
- IELTS: 6.5 or higher
- TOEFL Paper: 577 or higher
- TOEFL Computer: 233 or higher
- TOEFL Internet: 90 or higher
A pre-admission interview is required of all applicants to the Master of Science in Athletic Training Program. Applicants will be notified of their application status and qualified candidates will be invited for an interview within 30 days of completing their application for admission and submitting all required materials.
- Admission is determined based on the following:
- Overall Grade Point Average (20%)
- Pre-Requisite Grade Point Average (30%)
- Observation Hours (10%) – Must be completed with a certified / licensed athletic trainer
- Recommendations (10%)
- Essay (10%)
- Interview (20%) – applicants must be recommended for admission by a majority of MSAT faculty members (51% or more)
ADMISSION APPEALS PROCESS:
Students who are denied admission to the MSAT program may appeal this decision. This appeal must be in writing and forwarded to the MSAT Program Director within 10 days of the date of the program admission decision. The appeal letter must state the student's rationale for challenging the admission decision. The MSAT Program Selection Committee will consider all appeals and a response will be forwarded to the student no more than 10 days following receipt of the appeal letter. In the case that a student chooses to contest an appeal decision made by the MSAT Program Selection Committee, he or she should appeal to the Chair of the Department of Rehabilitation Sciences within 10 days of the appeal decision. In the case that the Chair of the Department of Rehabilitation Sciences is an MSAT Program Faculty member, the appeal should be forwarded to the Dean of the University of Natural and Health Sciences. The Chair of the Department of Rehabilitation Sciences (or the Dean of the University of Natural and Health Sciences) will forward a final admission decision to the student within 10 days of the appeal letter.
Each cohort in the MSAT program is limited to 24 students
Classes for the seventh cohort begin on May 31, 2022.
Current Moravian University students who wish to enter the Moravian University Master of Science in Athletic Training Program should complete the Health Sciences major's pre-athletic training track.
Students completing the Health Sciences major at Moravian University who meet the following criteria are granted automatic admission to the Master of Science in Athletic Training Program.
- Graduated from Moravian University with a degree in Health Sciences
- Completed a minimum of 16 units of coursework at Moravian University
- Moravian University cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or better
- Grades of B or better in all prerequisite courses
- Completed observation hours with a certified / licensed athletic trainer
- Successful admission interview