Our athletic training students engage in local, national and international immersive clinical education experiences that maximize student exposure to clinical practice under the supervision of experienced, certified and licensed health care providers.
Moravian University’s one-of-a-kind clinical education model allows students to customize their clinical education experience to best prepare them to meet their career and employment goals in the field. Moravian University was the country's first Athletic Training Program to utilize clinical immersion for all clinical education experiences. For more information about immersive clinical education in athletic training, see the ATSHC editorial at the bottom of this page.
Six immersive clinical education experiences, totaling 50 weeks of clinical education, allow students to gain experience in secondary schools, colleges & universities, hospitals, physician offices, rehabilitation clinics, industrial settings, the performing arts and more.
- Clinical Education I: Equipment Intensive (3 weeks)
- Clinical Education II: Lower Extremity (8 weeks)
- Clinical Education III: Upper Extremity (8 weeks)
- Clinical Education IV: Medicine & Rehabilitation (4 weeks - 2 days per week for 10 weeks)
- Clinical Education V: Student-Selected Setting (12 weeks)
- Clinical Education VI: Student-Selected Setting (15 weeks)
Students must be able to provide their own transportation to and from clinical sites. Clinical Education Experiences and Supplemental Clinical Experiences may occur at a great distance from Bethlehem. During these experiences, students may choose to live near their clinical sites. Identifying housing options, and the cost of this relocation is the responsibility of the student.
Policies and Procedures
- Moravian University Bloodborne Pathogen Post-Exposure Plan
- Moravian University MSAT Program Communicable Disease Policy
- The Case for More Immersive Clinical Education in AT
James R. Scifers, DScPT, PT, LAT, ATC