The July Summer Institute brings students and world-class faculty together in Moravian University’s industry-leading Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation Center for a week-long conference-style learning opportunity. Students expand upon content learned throughout the previous academic year with guidance from some of the profession’s foremost experts. These hands-on sessions will allow students to develop and perfect clinical skills in areas including manual therapy, advanced modalities, IVs, injections, suturing, casting, and more.
Students must complete 2 Summer Institutes. One Summer Institute must be completed in an odd year, the other in an even year. Students who begin the Program in May are not eligible for the Summer Institute that year.
The 2023 Summer Institute will be held July 10-14, 2023
- 10 hours of advanced upper extremity evaluation with Dr. Aaron Sciascia
- 2 hours of advanced concussion evaluation and management with Dr. Ashley Santo
- 10 hours of upper extremity manual therapy with Dr. Jill Manners
- 4 hours of performing arts medicine content with Dr. David Wilkenfeld
- 8 hours of SI and spine evaluation and management with Dr. James Scifers
- 6 hours of mental health first aid (including certification) with Dr. Jennifer Ostrowski
Doctor of Athletic Training (DAT) | Summer Institute
Lehigh Valley International (ABE) - 5 minutes from campus
Philadelphia International (PHL) - 75 minutes from campus
Newark International (EWR) - 60 minutes from campus
Trenton-Mercer Airport (TTN) - 75 minutes from campus
- The current rate for summer lodging is $160/week (Sunday-Friday) or $169/week (Sunday-Saturday or Saturday-Friday). This includes a single bedroom, in a 4-person unit, with access to a kitchen.
- Housing will provide the following:
- 2 flat sheets
- 1 pillow
- 1 pillowcase
- 3 towels
- 1 washcloth
Hyatt Place Bethlehem Hotel
Holiday Inn Express