Tutoring & Peer Learning
Academic Support provides supplemental instruction of various kinds, including individual and group tutoring, drop-in hours for specific classes, and peer-assisted study session in partnership with interested faculty. Full information on schedules and access to tutoring can be found here and on AMOS in the Campus Life tab under Academic Support.
Policies for Tutoring Support and Requests:
- All students have unlimited access to Drop-In Group Tutoring in those areas covered.
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) are available in Foundations of Biology, Genetics, General Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry. Students in PASS-supported courses have access to Drop-In Group sessions without limit and may also request additional support, but before filling a request for additional tutoring support, PASS attendance and Drop-In attendance will be verified.
- For courses covered by Drop-In Group Tutoring, students must have a schedule conflict OR be identified by tutors or Academic Support staff as needing additional support in order to have a request for additional tutoring filled.
- For courses not covered by Drop-In Group Tutoring, peer tutoring can be requested. Requested tutoring is most likely to be in small groups, depending on schedules, but may be one-on-one in some cases.
- Requests for tutoring beyond current staff capacity will be met as possible.
- Peer tutoring beyond Drop-In Group and PASS sessions is limited to one session per week per course for each student. Exceptions may be approved in particular circumstances.
**Please note that, at the request of the Department of Mathematics, tutoring is NOT available for courses numbered above 211.**