Event Resources & Policies
Space Request Information
- Space Administrator Contact Information
- Online Request Form: Athletic Facilities
- Online Request Form: Classroom Spaces, Haupert Union Building & Community Spaces
Facilities & Event Setups
- Event & Media Service Setup Guide
- Haupert Union Building Pavilion Setup Template
- PPHAC Patio Setup Template
Advertising & ADA Statements
All advertisement/communication for events hosted at Moravian College must include the following statement:
- Graphical Flyer/Poster (including email): Moravian College encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact the sponsoring organization/department at least one week prior to the event.
- Written Publication (ie; press release): Moravian College seeks to provide an accessible and hospitable learning and working environment for all, while ensuring full compliance with federal and state regulations. Our community welcomes and encourages persons with disabilities to participate in our programs and activities as faculty, staff, students, and as visitors to the College. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided for an event on our campus, please contact the event sponsor at least two weeks in advance of the event.
Athletic Facility Usage Requirements
Athletic facility availability is based on NCAA and student athlete schedules.
Purchasers using an athletic facility for a camp, clinic, or sports based program involving physical activity are required to:
- Compensate the College for a Site Supervisor to staff the event or activity hosted in an athletic facility.
- Provide an athletic trainer. The athletic trainer must be in good standing and hold a current license to practice athletic training in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Collect an Emergency Contact Form & Medical Release Form for all attendees, regardless of age.
Internal events hosted during normal business hours that anticipate more than 50 non-Moravian attendees should contact the Office of Housing & Event Management and Campus Police to make appropriate parking and bus drop-off arrangements.
Bethlehem Amusement Tax
Article 304 of the City of Bethlehem Codified Ordinance: A 5% amusement tax should be levied on admissions to entertainment events where seating capacity is 200 or greater or ticket prices are over $10.00 with a maximum tax of $2.00 per ticket. Permit Applications can be found on AMOS and should be submitted to the Business Office.
Certificate of Insurance
External events must provide Commercial General Liability insurance for itself and all of its participants.
Doghouse Usage Policy
The “Doghouse” is a community programming space located on the lower level of Zinzendorf Hall, that is managed by the Office of Housing & Event Management and the Office of Student Involvement. The space is intended to be shared by the Moravian community to host programs that are open and accessible to all. The space is also available for external groups/individuals to host private events.
Events with Minors & Pennsylvania Act 153
Event host must ensure proof of the mandated clearances for all those involved with the event (paid employees and/or volunteers), which include:
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History Record Information,
- Child Abuse History to determine if the person is named as a perpetrator of an indicated or founded child abuse report, and
- Federal Criminal History Background Check (FBI check with submission of fingerprints)
Food & Catering Policy
Sodexo Dining Services has the first right of refusal for all catering needs on the College property. If the event host elects to bring in catering or food from an alternative vendor, without written consent from the College, the Purchaser may be subject to fines or additional fees.
Fundraising forms must be submitted online to the director of Civic Engagement at least one week prior to the anticipated date. Advisors, coaches, and sponsors are ineligible for any prizes associated with a raffle sponsored by their organization or team. Members of the organization and their families, however, are eligible for prizes. Prizes must be confined to specific items or gift certificates. Cash prizes will be approved only in special circumstances. Prizes involving any form of alcoholic beverages are not permitted.The second part of the process requires the representative to declare how much was raised/sold and how those funds will be donated or utilized. Please visit the Moravian College Handbook for a complete overview of the Fundraising Policy.