For Faculty, Staff & Students
Faculty, staff, and recognized student groups are able to request space and host internal meetings and events for the campus community.
Faculty, staff, and students seeking to use College facilities to host a private or non-Moravian College sponsored events, must proceed as if an external group requesting space at the College.
Steps for Planning Internal Events
The Office of Housing & Event Management can assist faculty, staff, and students in the reservation of certain campus spaces, as well as providing resources for planning internal events. However, the event requestor is responsible for planning and executing their event. Below is a step-by-step guide for hosting an internal event.
Requests should be submitted to through the College Master Calendar.
Most meeting rooms and event spaces may be requested up to 375 days in advance. However, classroom availability is not confirmed until the first week of each semester and athletic facility availability is based on NCAA and student athlete schedules.
When requesting a space, be sure to indicate the following:
- Event Requestor's Contact Information
- Event Name, Date, and Times
- Setup and Breakdown Times
- Anticipated attendance
- Desired Campus, Building(s), Room(s)
- Catering, special setups, and/or media needs
The request will be reviewed by the Space Administrator and Resource Providers to let you know if your request was approved or if there are any conflicts.
Events requiring FMPC and/or Media Services support on weekdays after 4 PM or on weekends, may be subject to charges for labor/overtime.
The event requestor is responsible for notifying FMPC and Space Administrator of a change of meeting, location, and/or time at least 3 days before the event.
If items are requested that the College does not own, they will be ordered from a rental company at the expense of the Event Requestor.
Sodexo provides all catering needs for internal and external events hosted at Moravian.
Food service and linen needs should be made directly with Catering Service at least 7 business days in advance.
Final food needs and headcount should be confirmed between 4 and 7 business days before the event.
The event requestor is responsible for notifying Catering Services of a change of meeting, location, and/or time at least 3 days before the event.
Once your request is confirmed, you should begin publicizing your event. The Campus Events Calendar is a place for public-facing events. Community members, alumni, parents, friends of the College, faculty, staff, and students all refer to this calendar to stay on top of what’s going on at the College.
Events NOT appropriate for the Campus Events Calendar calendar include: department meetings, club meetings, private activities, or anything of an internal nature.
To advertise on the plasma displays, submit a PowerPoint slide to Marketing & Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All advertisement/communication for events hosted at the College must include the following statement:
- Graphical Flyer/Poster (including email): Moravian College encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact the sponsoring organization/department at least one week prior to the event.
- Written Publication (ie; press release): Moravian College seeks to provide an accessible and hospitable learning and working environment for all, while ensuring full compliance with federal and state regulations. Our community welcomes and encourages persons with disabilities to participate in our programs and activities as faculty, staff, students, and as visitors to the College. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided for an event on our campus, please contact the event sponsor at least two weeks in advance of the event.
For information regarding professional photography and graphic design needs, contact Marketing & Communications.