Upcoming InFocus Health and Justice Events
Please select a month to review our InFocus event offerings.
Be sure to also visit our InFocus Calendar page to add these events directly to your own Google Calendar.
- Moravian Writer's Conference: This free conference (featuring in-person and online events) will explore writing about health, healthcare, and justice in today’s world. Join a group of committed writers, activists, medical practitioners, narrative medicine specialists, and more as we consider topics including. See more details in the schedule. This event is scheduled March 18-19 Registration opens February 1.
- Hacking Accessibility: Healthcare Innovations with 3D Printing: Sara Benham and Jeff Bush will discuss how they and their students collaborate to design and construct assistive devices for community members with disabilities. This event is scheduled for 7:00pm March 24, 2022. To register for this event, click here.
- If you have any questions about this event, please contact Sara Benham (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Breast Cancer Journeys: Join panelists in a conversation about their stories from diagnosis to survival. This program builds on our community's thoughtful engagement with Audre Lorde's The Cancer Journals during the fall semester. This event is scheduled in the HUB UBC room from 6:00-7:30pm April 11, 2022.
Sisters in Conference
This all day conference features workshops for women of color at Moravian as well as students at Liberty and Freedom high schools. Sisters in Conference (SIC) workshops aim to create space specifically for Women of Color (WOC) to build community through trust building, dialogue and care-free energy. We focus on the holistic development of women, being intentional about cultivating the physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual well-being of women of color by creating a community of sisterhood. *As an inclusive space, we are referring to Women of Color as women who identify as Black, Brown, Indigenous, or who have a race or ethnicity that others them. We are also referring to women as all our feminine identifying, non-binary gender, and trans feminine people as sisters. While we use the term women in our materials, our goal is to include people who experience the world in this way and face similar challenges as women, with the intention of disrupting patriarchy, misogyny, and sexism.
- This event is scheduled for April 9, 2022.
- To register for this event, click here.
Online Meditation Circle
12:00 PM, Weekly on Tuesday and Thursday
Join Zoom Meeting https://moravian.zoom.us/j/
If you have any questions please contact John Black (email@example.com)