Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioners
Let's Talk. Call 610-861-1400 or email email@example.com.
The Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program is a 43-credit program that includes 21 credits of general and direct care courses that are shared with other graduate nursing programs. In addition, there are 22 credits of specialty adult-gerontology courses. The program has 650 clinical practicum hours and 30 laboratory practice hours.
Students accepted into this program will enroll in a cohort of no more than six students per CRNP faculty clinical supervisor. This curriculum is set-up lockstep, so that students must take nurse practitioner courses with their designated cohort. Clinical practicum experiences, which commence in summer of the second year, will be arranged by Dr. Kathy Gray, NP Program Director and CRNP faculty.
|NURS 502||Epidemiology and Bioinformatics|
|NURS 536||Law, Regulation, and Ethics in Health Care|
|NURS 504||Policy, Quality, and Safety in Health Care|
|NURS 506||Nursing Role Theory and Evidence-Based Practice|
|NURS 530||Advanced Pathophysiology|
|NURS 534||Advanced Health and Physical Assessment|
|NURS 507.1||Nurse Practitioner Roles and Responsibilities|
|NURS 532||Advanced Pharmacology|
|NURS 710||Care of Younger Adults, Acute Care Theory and Practicum
(includes 200 practicum hours with younger adults in primary care settings)
|NURS 711||Care of Older Adults, Acute Care Theory and Practicum
(includes 200 practicum hours with older adults in primary care settings)
|NURS 712||Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Capstone, Seminar and Internship
(includes 250 practicum hours in primary care settings)
*A two-year accelerated curriculum is available for students for completion of program requirements.
- Satisfactory completion of an accredited BSN program with at least 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Submission of official transcripts from all postsecondary schools attended
- Active RN licensure in Pennsylvania or eligibility for licensure by endorsement
- Completion of a statistics course at an undergraduate or graduate level with a grade of C or better
- Two professional references, one from a supervisor
- Written statement of professional goals with reasons for pursuing graduate study to become an Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Professional resume or curriculum vitae
- Interview with Program Admissions Committee
The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Moravian College are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Kathy Gray, DNP, FNP-C, CRNP
Director, MSN-Nurse Practitioner Programs
Ph: 610-625-7736 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the NP program, to speak with an advisor, or to make an appointment, call us at 610-861-1400 or email email@example.com, or contact Caroline Febbo, Student Experience Mentor, at 610-625-7131 or firstname.lastname@example.org.