Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioners
Let's Talk. Call 610-861-1400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students in the Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner program are prepared to manage patients in the outpatient healthcare setting ages 12 years and up. This is a 44-credit program that includes 650 clinical hours.
Nurse Practitioner Primary Care Track
|General Core Courses|
|NURS 502||Epidemiology and Bioinformatics|
|NURS 504||Policy, Quality, and Safety in Health Care|
|NURS 506||Nursing Role Theory and Evidence-Based Practice|
|NURS 507||Nurse Practitioner Roles and Responsibilities - 2 credit hours|
|NURS 536||Law, Regulation, and Ethics in Health Care|
Direct Care Core Courses
|NURS 530||Advanced Pathophysiology|
|NURS 532||Advanced Pharmacology|
|NURS 534||Advanced Health and Physical Assessment|
|NURS 507.1||Nurse Practitioner Roles and Responsibilities|
Primary Care Clinical Year
|NURS 720||Care of Younger Adults, Primary Care Theory and Practicum
(includes 200 practicum hours with younger adults in primary care settings)
|NURS 721||Care of Older Adults, Primary Care Practicum
(includes 200 practicum hours with older adults in primary care settings)
|NURS 722||Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Capstone, Seminar and Internship
(includes 250 practicum hours in primary care settings)
- Satisfactory completion of an accredited BSN program with at least 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Submission of official transcripts from all postsecondary schools attended
- An RN license in PA is required for admission. Additional RN license in NJ is required before students enter the clinical year.
- Completion of a statistics course at an undergraduate or graduate level with a grade of C or better
- Two professional references, one from a supervisor
- Written statement of professional goals with reasons for pursuing graduate study to become an Adult-Gerontology Primary Nurse Practitioner
- Professional resume or curriculum vitae
- Interview with Program Admissions Committee
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and master's degree program in nursing at Moravian College are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Request Info: start.moravian.edu/grad-nursing
For more information about the NP program, to speak with an advisor, or to make an appointment, call us at 610-861-1400 or email email@example.com, or contact Caroline Bechtel, Student Experience Mentor, at 610-625-7131 or firstname.lastname@example.org.