As the healthcare environment has become more complex, the role of the professional nurse has grown to meet contemporary complex challenges. It is clear nurse leaders must be at the table and positioned to assure safe, quality, and cost-efficient care for the future of health care.
Students complete four general courses as well as specialized requirements of their chosen concentration. The Nurse Administrator Track includes:
Nurse Administrator Track
|General Core Courses|
|NURS 502||Epidemiology and Bioinformatics|
|NURS 504||Policy, Quality, and Safety in Health Care|
|NURS 506||Nursing Role Theory and Evidence-Based Practice|
|NURS 536||Law, Regulations, and Ethics in Health Care|
|NURS 533||Managing Health Care Organizations|
|NURS 535||Health Economics|
|Nursing Administration Courses|
|NURS 520||Financial Management in Health Care|
|NURS 522||Project Management in Health Care|
|NURS 524||Strategic Planning in Health Care|
Includes 150 practicum hours in nursing administrative role.
|Leadership Elective (select one)|
|NURS 511||Developing Managerial Competencies|
|NURS 512||Women in Leadership|
|NURS 513||Leading People in Organizations|
- Satisfactory completion of an accredited baccalaureate program with at least 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Submission of official transcripts from all postsecondary schools attended
- Active RN licensure in Pennsylvania
- Completion of a statistics course at an undergraduate or graduate level with a grade of C or better
- Two professional references, one from a nursing supervisor
- Written statement of professional goals for graduate study and nursing career
- Professional resume or curriculum vitae
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and master's degree program in nursing at Moravian University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Request Info: start.moravian.edu/grad-nursing
For more information about the MSN program, to speak with an advisor, or to make an appointment, call us at 610-861-1400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Caroline Bechtel, Student Experience Mentor, at 610-625-7131 or email@example.com.