As the healthcare environment has become more complex, the role of the professional nurse has grown to meet contemporary complex challenges. It is clear that the more highly educated the nurse, the better the patient healthcare outcomes. The demand for skilled nurse educators in nursing and healthcare is well documented for the future of healthcare.
Students take four general core and three different direct care courses. They also complete specialized requirements of their chosen concentration. The Nurse Educator Track includes:
Nurse Educator Track
|General Core Courses|
|NURS 502||Epidemiology and Bioinformatics|
|NURS 504||Policy, Quality, and Safety in Health Care|
|NURS 506||Nursing Role Theory and Evidence-Based Practice|
|NURS 536||Law, Regulations, and Ethics in Health Care|
|Direct Care Core Courses|
|NURS 530||Advanced Pathophysiology|
|NURS 532||Advanced Pharmacology|
|NURS 534||Advanced Health and Physical Assessment|
|Nursing Education Courses|
|NURS 613||Assessment and Evaluation Methods|
|NURS 614||Theory and Practice for Nurse Educators|
|EDUC 610||Differentiating Instruction|
|EDUC 655||Standards-Based Curriculum Design|
Includes 100 practicum hours in the nurse educator role.
- Satisfactory completion of an accredited baccalaureate program with at least 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Submission of official transcripts from all postsecondary schools attended
- Active RN licensure in Pennsylvania
- Completion of a statistics course at an undergraduate or graduate level with a grade of C or better
- Two professional references, one from a nursing supervisor
- Written statement of professional goals for graduate study and nursing career
- Professional resume or curriculum vitae
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and master's degree program in nursing at Moravian University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Request Info: start.moravian.edu/grad-nursing
For more information about the MSN program, to speak with an advisor, or to make an appointment, call us at 610-861-1400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Caroline Bechtel, Student Experience Mentor, at 610-625-7131 or email@example.com.