Post-Master’s Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate
Let's Talk. Call 610-861-1400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students in the Post-Master’s Primary Care Nurse Practitioner certificate program are prepared to manage patients from adolescence to the end of life. Clinical rotations will prepare the student to meet the clinical competencies in the management and care of adolescence to the end of life.
The Post-Master’s Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate program will complete at a minimum, specialty courses now required for the MSN/Primary Care Program. A “gap analysis” will be conducted by the NP Program Director to determine if there are other requisite courses for students to complete. The number of clinical hours will also be determined by the NP Program Director.
Students accepted into this program will be supported by CRNP clinical faculty. The curriculum is designed so that students take nurse practitioner courses along with their designated cohort of students. Clinical practicum experiences will be arranged by Dr. Kathy Gray, MSN/NP Program Director and CRNP faculty.
Direct Care Core Courses
|NURS 530||Advanced Pathophysiology|
|NURS 532||Advanced Pharmacology|
|NURS 534||Advanced Health and Physical Assessment|
|NURS 507.1||Nurse Practitioner Roles and Responsibilities|
Primary Care Clinical Year
|NURS 720||Care of Younger Adults, Primary Care Theory and Practicum
(includes 200 practicum hours with younger adults in primary care settings)
|NURS 721||Care of Older Adults, Primary Care Practicum
(includes 200 practicum hours with older adults in primary care settings)
|NURS 722||Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Capstone, Seminar and Internship
(includes 250 practicum hours in primary care settings)
- Satisfactory completion of an accredited MSN-NP program with at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Board Certified as a nurse practitioner
- Submission of official transcripts from all postsecondary schools attended
- An RN license in PA is required for admission. Additional RN license in NJ is required before students enter the clinical year.
- Completion of a statistics course at an undergraduate or graduate level with a grade of C or better
- Two professional references, one from a supervisor
- Written statement of professional goals with reasons for pursuing graduate study to become a Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Professional resume or curriculum vitae
- Interview with Program Admissions Committee
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and master's degree program in nursing at Moravian College are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Kathy Gray, DNP, FNP-C, CRNP
Director, MSN-Nurse Practitioner Programs
Ph: 610-625-7736 | Email: email@example.com
For more information about the Post-Master’s FNP Certificate program, to speak with an advisor, or to make an appointment, call us at 610-861-1400; or, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Caroline Bechtel, Student Experience Mentor, at 610-625-7131 or email@example.com.