Post-Master’s Clinical Nurse Leader Certificate
Let's Talk. Call 610-861-1400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the health care environment has become more complex, the role of the professional nurse has grown to meet contemporary complex challenges. A criticism of the current health care system is that patient care has become highly fragmented, with patients seeing a plethora of specialists during shortened hospital and other health care settings stays.
The Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) is a relatively new professional role in nursing, that places well-educated generalist nurses in central positions in hospitals to move patients seamlessly through the health care system during episodes of care.
The Department of Nursing at Moravian College offers the Post-Master’s Clinical Nurse Leader Certificate. The program is a 26-credit program, that includes 3 credits of general core and 14 credits of specialty courses, including a 400-hour clinical immersion experience in the CNL role. In addition, Advanced Pathophysiology, Advanced Pharmacology, and Advanced Health and Physical Assessment courses will be required if taken more than 5 years ago.
Curriculum for the Post-Master’s Clinical Nurse Leader Certificate
Required CNL Courses
- NURS 504: Policy, Quality, and Safety in Healthcare*
- NURS 610: CNL Roles and Responsibilities
- NURS 750: CNL Seminar and Internship 1
- NURS 755: CNL Seminar and Internship II
*NURS 504: Policy, Quality, and Safety in Healthcare is required; however, this requirement will be waived if this course or course equivalent is completed prior to enrolling in the certificate program.
Required Advanced Science Courses (The 3 P’s)
- NURS 530: Advanced Pathophysiology
- NURS 532: Advanced Pharmacology
- NURS 534: Advanced Health and Physical Assessment
If determined to be needed through “gap analysis” (within 5 years), the student will need to take 1 or more of the 3Ps (above).
- Satisfactory completion of a graduate program in nursing with at least 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Submission of official transcripts from all postsecondary schools attended
- Active RN licensure in Pennsylvania or eligibility for licensure by endorsement
- Completion of a statistics course at an undergraduate or graduate level with a grade of C or better
- Two professional references, one from a nursing supervisor
- Written statement of professional goals for further study Professional resume or curriculum vitae
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and master's degree program in nursing at Moravian College are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Lori Hoffman, PhD, RN
Master of Science in Nursing Program Director
Ph: 610-625-7769 | Email: email@example.com
For more information about the Post-Master’s Clinical Nurse Leader Certificate, to speak with an advisor, or to make an appointment, call us at 610-861-1400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Caroline Bechtel, Student Experience Mentor, at 610-625-7131 or email@example.com.