Moravian University is committed to providing a workplace and educational environment, as well as other benefits, programs, and activities, that are free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. This includes a commitment to stop, prevent, and remedy the effects of sexual violence. We strongly encourage all members of our campus community to report incidents of harassment, discrimination, and/or retaliation, including gender discrimination and sexual misconduct.
Reports, including anonymous reports, may be submitted online at anytime using the reporting button to the right. Reports go directly to the Equal Opportunity & Title IX Coordinator.
Emergency situations should be reported to:
Moravian University Police Department
or local law enforcement by calling 911
Harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and sexual harassment/violence should be reported to:
Dr. Darren Snyder
Equal Opportunity & Title IX Coordinator
1309 Main Street, Room 204
Incidents involving bias or acts of harassment and discrimination may also be reported to the University's Bias Response and Intervention Team (BRIT).
Concerns specific to gender and equity in athletics to:
Associate Director of Athletics
(Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Athletics)
109 Johnston Hall
Concerns regarding the application of Title IX Law to:
U.S. Department of Education
Office of Civil Rights
100 Penn Square East, Suite 515
Philadelphia, PA 19107-3323
Reporting options are described in detail in the Equal Opportunity, Harassment, and Non-Discrimination Policy.
Moravian University designates all employees of the University as mandatory reporters under the Equal Opportunity, Harassment, and Non-Discrimination Policy. This designation requires our employees to report any knowledge they have about a member of the campus community experiencing harassment or discrimination, including gender discrimination or sexual misconduct, and/or retaliation to the Equal Opportunity & Title IX Coordinator.
As per the institutional Protection of Minors Policy, incidents of sexual abuse involving minors must also be disclosed to PA ChildLine immediately at 1.800.932.0313. Employees may be subject to disciplinary action for failure to report. The responsibility to report does not apply to employees who have personally experienced sexual violence or discrimination.
Employees designated as Campus Security Authorities (CSAs) under the Clery Act have additional crime reporting obligations, as explained in more detail here.
In addition, the University designates certain administrators Officials with Authority (OWAs) to address and correct harassment, discrimination, and/or retaliation. This includes:
- Dean for Compliance, Training & Development, Leah Naso (Executive Director for Equity and Compliance)
- Equal Opportunity & Title IX Coordinator, Dr. Darren Snyder
- Deputy Coordinator for Athletics, Rebecca May (Associate Director of Athletics)
- Civil Rights Investigators: Anne Felker, Kathryn Friedman, Linda Hoy, Ryan McKinney, Lou Rossi, Don Sabo Jr., Ryan McKinney, and Erica D'Augustino
- President, Bryon Grigsby
- Provost, Vice President for Academic Affairs, Carol Traupman-Carr
- Vice President for Human Resources, Jon Conrad
- Executive Vice President for University Life, Nicole Loyd
- Chief of Campus Police, V. Harrison Dillard
- Dean of Community Wellness, Greg Meyer
- Associate Director of Student Development, Laura Mack
Contact information for OWAs is maintained in the Moravian University Directory.