Dual DAT-MBA Degree
Moravian University is proud to be the first DAT program to offer a DAT-MBA dual degree
Healthcare delivery systems are experiencing rapid change and increasing complexity. To meet contemporary and future challenges, athletic trainers must be at the forefront of these organizations, applying knowledge and skills acquired through formal study in business and science. The DAT-MBA second-degree offering is designed for Moravian University DAT students or alumni to pursue a second-degree MBA. A DAT-MBA encourages interdisciplinary reflection and learning that are essential for athletic training in leadership roles in health care.
DAT-MBA students who complete both degrees simultaneously must complete the two-degree requirements within seven years of taking the first course in the program. Students who have already completed a Doctor of Athletic Training degree at Moravian University, who wish to complete the second-degree MBA, must have earned the first degree within three years of applying to the second-degree program.
There are six MBA courses (18 credits) beyond the DAT degree that must be completed for a second-degree MBA (see course descriptions here):
- MGMT 513: Leading People in Organizations
- MGMT 515: Microeconomic Foundations for Strategic Management
- MGMT 517: Corporate Financial Management
- MGMT 519: Managing Operations
- MGMT 521: Ethics, Law, and Social Responsibility
- MGMT 571: Leading Change in Organizations
Additionally, students must take the following courses as part of the DAT Program (see course descriptions here):
- HLAT 701: Entrepreneurship in Sports Medicine
- HLAT 710: Healthcare Policy
- HLAT 712: Epidemiology & Informatics
- HLAT 801: Leadership in Athletic Training
- HLAT 813: Quantitative Methods and Research Design
- HLAT 881: Advanced Clinical Practice
The dual degree requires admission to both the DAT and MBA programs. Please reach out to our Program Director, Dr. Jennifer Ostrowski (firstname.lastname@example.org), or our Student Experience Mentor, Toyo Adebayo (email@example.com), for additional information.