Admission Criteria DPT Program
In light of the challenges associated with COVID-19, the DPT program acknowledges individual circumstances in the ability to meet all admissions criteria and will be flexible when reviewing applications.
- Baccalaureate degree or higher from a regionally accredited 4-year institution.
- Undergraduate overall minimum GPA: 3.0
- All post-secondary transcripts must be provided prior to admission (no more than 3 outstanding prerequisite courses are allowed at the time of application).
- Prerequisites (must have been completed in the past 7 years).
- Students must earn no lower than a C in each individual prerequisite course.
- Prerequisite course minimum GPA: 3.0 (Grades will be averaged if a prerequisite course is repeated.)
- Biology: Two general biology courses (Biology I and Biology II) or upper-level biology courses with labs (8 Credits)
- Chemistry: Two general chemistry courses (Chemistry I and Chemistry II) with labs or higher (8 Credits)
- Physics: Two general physics courses (Physics I and Physics II) with labs or higher (8 Credits)
- Anatomy: A human anatomy course with lab (4 Credits)
- Physiology: A human physiology course with lab (4 Credits) A full-year sequence of combined Human Anatomy and Physiology (8 credits) may be substituted for separate anatomy and physiology courses.
- Psychology: One course in introduction to psychology, lifespan psychology or higher (3 Credits)
- Statistics: One college-level statistics course (3 Credits) (Healthcare or Science-related Statistics are also acceptable)
- English Composition or writing course (3 credits).
- GRE taken within the past 5 years. (Moravian College school code: 2418 0636)
- 1 academic faculty
- 1 physical therapist clinician
- Successful faculty interview upon invitation
- Observational hours in a physical therapy clinical setting are highly recommended.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants
- IELTS/TOEFL - Students who do not consider English to be their primary language are required to submit official scores of a recent IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) examination. Minimum scores for each test can also be found below:
- IELTS: 6.5 or higher
- TOEFL Paper: 577 or higher
- TOEFL Computer: 233 or higher
- TOEFL Internet: 90 or higher
The DPT program will not be using PTCAS for this application year and instructions for admissions will be posted soon.
*Moravian College students who meet the admissions criteria, have a prerequisite GPA of 3.2, and have completed a minimum of 4 semesters at Moravian College will be guaranteed a faculty interview. Participation in a faculty interview does not guarantee admission to the DPT program.
If you have specific questions related to the admissions requirements, please direct them to the Program Director, Dr. Mary Anne Riopel at firstname.lastname@example.org.