Admission Criteria DPT Program
Early Deadline: September 15th
Regular Deadline: November 15th
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at Moravian University plans to participate in the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service, known as PTCAS, in the 2022-2023 admissions cycle. Applicants applying to the Moravian University physical therapist education program for the 2022 entering class will apply online using the PTCAS application beginning in June 2022. To learn more about PTCAS, visit www.ptcas.org. Here are our admissions requirements:
- Baccalaureate degree or higher from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the US Department of Education
- Undergraduate overall minimum GPA: 3.0
- All post-secondary transcripts must be provided prior to admission (no more than 3 outstanding prerequisite courses are allowed at the time of application).
- Students must earn no lower than a C in each individual prerequisite course
- Prerequisite course minimum GPA: 3.0
- Biology: Two general biology courses (Biology I and Biology II) or upper-level biology courses with labs (8 Credits)
- Chemistry: Two general chemistry courses (Chemistry I and Chemistry II) with labs or higher (8 Credits)
- Physics: Two general physics courses (Physics I and Physics II) with labs or higher (8 Credits)
- Anatomy: A human anatomy course with lab (4 Credits)
- Physiology: A human physiology course with lab (4 Credits). A full-year sequence of combined Human Anatomy and Physiology (8 credits) may be substituted for separate anatomy and physiology courses
- Psychology: One course in introduction to psychology, lifespan psychology or higher (3 Credits)
- Statistics: One college-level statistics course (3 Credits) (Healthcare or Science-related Statistics are also acceptable)
- English Composition or writing course (3 credits)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- 1 academic faculty
- 1 physical therapist clinician
- Essay completion on PTCAS
- Successful faculty interview upon invitation
- Observational hours in a physical therapy clinical setting are highly recommended
Additional Requirements for International Applicants
- IELTS/TOEFL - Students who do not consider English to be their primary language are required to submit official scores of a recent IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) examination. Minimum scores for each test can also be found below:
- IELTS: 6.5 or higher
- TOEFL Paper: 577 or higher
- TOEFL Computer: 233 or higher
- TOEFL Internet: 90 or higher
Other Important Information:
- Moravian University students who meet the admissions criteria, have an overall GPA of 3.2, and have completed a minimum of 4 semesters at Moravian University will be guaranteed a faculty interview. Participation in a faculty interview does not guarantee admission to the DPT program.
- Moravian University's DPT program does not accept transfer credits from other DPT programs.
- In light of the challenges associated with COVID-19, the DPT program acknowledges individual circumstances in the ability to meet all admissions criteria and will be flexible when reviewing applications.
If you have specific questions related to the admissions requirements, please direct them to the Program Director, Dr. Mary Anne Riopel at email@example.com.