GROUP TERM LIFE INSURANCE
The College offers Basic Group Term life insurance to employees. The cost of the Group Term Life Insurance Plan is shared equally between the contract holder and the College and is optional.
- Plan Summary - Group Term Life and AD&D (Full-time)
- Plan Summary - Group Term Life and AD&D (Part-time, 16 minimum weekly hours)
- Certificate of Coverage - Group Term Life Insurance
SUPPLEMENTAL LIFE INSURANCE
Employees also have the option to purchase additional Life Insurance. The additional Life Insurance is fully funded by the employee and may be purchased in $10,000 increments not to exceed five (5) times their annual salary. The guaranteed issue is capped at $250,000. The employee must complete an Evidence of Insurability Form for coverage beyond the guaranteed issue cap.
Employees also have the option to add life insurance coverage for their spouse. The guarantee issue for a spouse is limited to half of the employee's life insurance value. Guaranteed issue for spouses is capped at $50,000. The spouse must complete an Evidence of Insurability Form for coverage beyond the guaranteed issue cap.
A flat $10,000 life insurance benefit can be added for eligible dependents.
Forms and other information
- Carrier site - Lincoln Financial Group
- EOI - Evidence of Insurability Notice (EOI application must be submitted beyond the gauranteed issue cap, or 30 days after date of hire)
- Enrollment form
- How much life insurance is enough? Click here for an easy to use calculator.
Changing your beneficiary? Click here for the change in beneficiary form.
Questions regarding coverage or claims should be directed to:
Assistant Director, HRIS & Benefits
Moravian College Office of Human Resources
1200 Main Street, Bethlehem PA 18018
(p) 610-861-1528; email: firstname.lastname@example.org