Moravian University-Sponsored Life Insurance
Moravian University sponsors one term-life insurance policy. How much coverage you are eligible is defined by how many hours per week you work. Please click on the links below to learn more about coverage and eligibility.
Group Term Life Insurance
The College offers Basic Group Term life insurance to employees. The cost of the Group Term Life Insurance Plan is shared equally between the contract holder and the University and is optional.
- Plan Summary - Group Term Life and AD&D (Full-time)
- Plan Summary - Group Term Life and AD&D (Part-time, 16 minimum weekly hours)
- Certificate of Coverage - Group Term Life Insurance
Supplemental Life Insurance
Employees also have the option to purchase additional Life Insurance. The additional Life Insurance is fully funded by the employee and may be purchased in $10,000 increments not to exceed five (5) times their annual salary. Employees also have the option to add life insurance coverage for their spouse. The guarantee issue for a spouse is limited to half of the employee's supplemental life insurance value. A flat $10,000 life insurance benefit can be added for eligible dependents.
- New hire? Click here for information on how to enroll.
- Current employee? You have two options for coverage.
- If you already have supplemental life insurance but wish to increase it, you may do so during the Moravian University Open Enrollment Period. See Moravian.edu/OpenEnrollment for more details.
- If are not covered by Moravian's life insurance policy, but wish to enroll, you must first complete the online evidence of insurability (EOI) form. Please click here for instructions. Next steps will be provided to you by the life insurance carrier and the Office of Human Resources.
Forms and other information
- Carrier site - Lincoln Financial Group
- EOI - Evidence of Insurability Form Instructions
- How much life insurance is enough? Click here for an easy to use calculator.
Questions regarding coverage or claims should be directed to:
Associate Director, HRIS & Benefits
Moravian University Office of Human Resources
1200 Main Street, Bethlehem PA 18018
(p) 610-861-1528; email: firstname.lastname@example.org