Applications are closed for the 2022 summer enrollment cycle. Information about 2023 is coming soon.
In order to enroll in the program, students must meet the following requirements:
- A completed undergraduate degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- A minimum GPA of 3.0†
- *25 hours of observation in the discipline (must observe an ASHA certified, licensed provider)
- *Submit a signed copy of the 'Professional Dispositions, Behaviors & Essential Functions (PDBEF)' document
- A grade of a C or higher in the following coursework (or equivalent) at an accredited institution of higher education:
- Clinical Linguistics (linguistic analysis/language disorders)
- Anatomy & Physiology of the Speech & Hearing Mechanism
- Communication Development
- Speech & Hearing Science
Note: If students have completed a Communication Sciences & Disorders undergraduate degree, it will be assumed that they have covered content to meet the six discipline-specific pre-requisites.
Contact Louise Keegan firstname.lastname@example.org for further information regarding pre-requisites offered at Moravian University.
Required application materials include:
- Official Transcripts
- Personal statement/letter of intent
- Three letters of recommendation
Students may choose to include official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores in their application.
(Moravian University code: 2418 0620), (CSDCAS code: 4509)
The GRE is not required for application to Moravian University's MS-SLP program.
Top applicants will be selected to attend an interview before final offers are made.
†Exceptions to the minimum GPA may be made for students with extenuating circumstances and exceptional achievement on pre-requisite courses.
*Evidence of observation hours are required on interview and the signed PDBEF is required only after students are offered a place in the MS-SLP graduate program.
On admission, students will be required to complete background checks and either present evidence of or obtain the relevant vaccinations necessary for clinical placements.
Students completing the Health Sciences major at Moravian University who meet the following criteria are granted admission to the Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology Program.
- Graduated from Moravian University with a degree in Health Sciences
- Completed a minimum of 16 units of coursework at Moravian University
- Moravian University cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or better
- Grades of B or better in all prerequisite courses
- Completed application to the graduate program
- Completed 25 observation hours with a certified ASHA provider
- Successful admission interview
Is a Little Revolutionary Right For You?
Early - December 1
Regular - February 1
Students who do not consider English to be their primary language are required to submit official scores of a recent IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) examination. Minimum scores required for admission to this program are as follows:
- IELTS: 6.5 or higher
- TOEFL Paper: 577 or higher
- TOEFL iBT: 90 or higher