Moravian College, in partnership with BASD, annually will offer one full-tuition, four-year scholarship to a Liberty High School graduating senior and one full-tuition, four-year scholarship to a Freedom High School graduating senior.
Deadline: February 1, 2020
Scholarship Selection Guidelines
- Admission to Moravian College as a traditional undergraduate day student for the fall semester immediately following the student’s high school graduation.
- Attendance at Liberty/Freedom High School for at least the junior and senior years
- Evidence of meaningful service to the larger community
- Submission of a scholarship application
- Completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) and release to Moravian College (School Code: 003301)
Scholarship Selection Process
- Completed scholarship applications are reviewed by a guidance/administrative team at each high school, with recommendations for finalist candidates made to the Superintendent of Schools.
- The Superintendent, in consultation with representatives from Moravian College (from the Office of the Provost, Admissions and Financial Aid), selects the scholarship recipients.
Scholarship Awarding Policy
- MC/BASD Scholarship recipients are ineligible for all other forms of MC-funded gift aid, including grants, scholarships and tuition benefits.
- Any gift aid (grants, scholarships or tuition benefits) obtained from State, Federal or other external (non-MC-funded) sources will be credited toward the applicable tuition charges before finalizing the MC/BASD award amount. The MC/BASD Scholarship is intended to cover the remainder of tuition charges after subtracting all other available sources of gift aid.
Announcement of Scholarship
- March / April 2020
- For more information about the Superintendent's Scholarship, please contact your guidance counselor.
- For more information about Moravian College, please contact Alyson Remsing at email@example.com.