The Student Handbook web site is designed to provide easy access to information that is relevant to all students of Moravian College and Moravian Theological Seminary (also referred to as "Moravian College" or "the College"). Although the intended audience of the Handbook is all currently enrolled students, some sections may not be applicable to all populations. When appropriate, this is noted.
The information in the Handbook is subject to change from time to time as deemed appropriate by the College in order to fulfill its role and mission or to accommodate circumstances beyond its control. Any such changes may be implemented without prior notice and without obligation and, unless specified otherwise, are effective when made. Efforts will be made, however, to inform the student body of significant changes in a timely manner.
All students should review the Handbook in its entirety and are expected to be familiar with its content. This can be accomplished by navigating the menus on the left side of the screen and following links to important policies and information. The right side of the screen (or bottom on a mobile device) will always include important links, regardless of where you are in the Handbook web site.
Below are some highlights intended for ease of use, but should not be reviewed solely as a substitute to reviewing the entire Handbook.
- All students are accountable to the Academic Code of Conduct and the Student Code of Conduct.
- Housing and Residence Life Policies apply to residents and their guests. This means that even commuting students should be familiar with these policies to prepare themselves for visiting friends at a College residence.
- Learning assistance is available in a variety of forms, from tests to determine learning disabilities to one-on-one writing tutorials.
- Parking policies apply to all students.
- Logging in to or otherwise connecting to the campus network implies acceptance of the institution's policies on acceptable use of computing resources.
- E-mail is the official mode of communication for the College and students are expected to check their College e-mail account regularly.
- All students, including commuters, can participate in campus events and activities. Be sure to explore all opportunities to get involved with the campus community!
- Additional information relevant to seminary students can be found in the Seminary Handbook.
Recent Policy Updates
Every effort will be made to notify the campus community when significant changes are made to the Handbook. Significant recent updates will also be listed here:
- Grievance Form: A new form has been provided for students to submit concerns to the College that can't be addressed through other means.
- Sexual Misconduct Policy: A new policy has been created regarding incidents that involve sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, intimate partner violence, and stalking. New definitions for these violations as well as a new definition for "consent" are included in the policy.
- Alcohol Policy: The College's Alcohol policy has been updated to make it easier to read and to reflect current practice.
- The Advocates for Survivors of Sexual Violence can now be reached by text as well as voice call at the same number: 484-764-9242.
- Small Animal Policy: A new policy created by the Moravian College Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee. The policy includes a link to the existing policy on service, support, and assistance animals. Please note that an animal that falls into one of these categories and lives in the residence halls must be approved prior to the animal being in residence.