Student Health Insurance
Moravian College undergraduate students, full time graduate students (9 or more credits), Moravian Theological Seminary students, and International students are required to have health insurance. If you do not currently have health insurance, there is the option to enroll and purchase coverage. The health plan is provided by United Healthcare. If you are using your current health insurance, it is advised that out of state students should notify their health insurance carrier that they may need services in Bethlehem while enrolled as a student. International students are strongly recommended to have a health insurance plan that covers them while attending school in the United States. We do offer our international students a fully comprehensive plan, including vaccinations, prescriptions, and much more.
Coverage will begin on August 1, 2020 and be effective through July 31, 2021. As part of this requirement, undergraduate students, full time graduate students (9 or more credits), Moravian Theological Seminary students, and International students are required to show proof of health insurance or enroll and purchase the College sponsored plan.
All students who meet the requirements will be billed up front for the health insurance coverage. If you waive the health insurance coverage and provide the required information, your Student Account will be credited for the plan. If you enroll in the plan, you will be responsible to pay for the applicable charge on your Student Account. All students will automatically be billed up-front and if no action is taken to enroll or waive the coverage, you will be automatically enrolled in the plan and responsible to pay the premium. All communications will be sent to the student's Moravian College email address, so please check this email on a regular basis.
To complete the enrollment or waiver process, please visit www.firststudent.com, select Moravian College, click either Enroll Now-Health Insurance or Waive Your School's Health Insurance button and follow the steps below.
- Go to www.firststudent.com
- Select Moravian College
- To enroll in the plan click on “Enroll Now-Health Insurance”
- To waive out of the plan click on “Waive Your School’s Health Insurance”
- Enter all required information from your health insurance card in order to complete the waiver process
- An email copy of your submission will be sent to your Moravian College email address. Save this message as proof of your submission.
- If enrolled in the plan, this account will provide a copy of your health insurance card, check claim status, file medical claims and review the details of the plan
- If you have any questions, please call 1-800-346-4075 ext. 1452 or email Moravian@rcmd.com. They will be glad to help you with any questions that you may have.
This student's ID number is 567890. These are the 6 digits after the first 4 digits in the Account Number on your Moravian College ID Card.
Student Health Insurance
- Students Waive or Enroll in United Healthcare Insurance Coverage https://www.firststudent.com
- Students Click Here for United Healthcare Insurance Coverage Details (TBA)
Best wishes for a healthy year!
Student Health Insurance Annual Rates
*All rates are tentative until the State of Pennsylvania approval is received