Student Health Insurance
Moravian College undergraduate students, full time graduate students (9 or more credits), Moravian Theological Seminary students, and International students are required to have health insurance. If you do not currently have health insurance, there is the option to enroll and purchase coverage. The health plan is provided by United Healthcare. If you are using your current health insurance, it is advised that out of state students should notify their health insurance carrier that they may need services in Bethlehem while enrolled as a student. International students are strongly recommended to have a health insurance plan that effectively covers them while attending school in the United States.
Coverage will begin on August 1, 2020 and be effective through July 31, 2021. As part of this requirement, undergraduate students, full time graduate students (9 or more credits), Moravian Theological Seminary students, and International students are required to show proof of health insurance or enroll and purchase the College sponsored plan.
All students who meet the requirements will be billed up front for the health insurance coverage. If you waive the health insurance coverage and provide the required information, your Student Account will be credited for the plan. If you enroll in the plan, you will be responsible to pay for the applicable charge on your Student Account. All students will automatically be billed up-front and if no action is taken to enroll or waive the coverage, you will be automatically enrolled in the plan and responsible to pay the premium. All communications will be sent to the student's Moravian College email address, so please check this email on a regular basis. You will need to access your Moravian email account in order to access FirstStudent’s verification code. This code will stay active for 30 minutes. Please have all your current insurance information easily accessible to complete this process.
To complete the enrollment or waiver process, please visit www.firststudent.com, select Moravian College, click either “Enroll Now-Health Insurance” or “Waive Your School's Health Insurance” button and follow the steps below. If you wish to view a video tutorial on the waiver process, please click here.
- Enter www.firststudent.com in your web browser.
- When you reach the FirstStudent homepage, select Moravian College from the drop-down menu on the front page.
- To enroll in the plan click on “Enroll Now-Health Insurance.” OR
- To waive out of the coverage, select the “Waive Your School’s Insurance” option from the list on the left side of the screen.
- Click the blue “Waive Now” button.
- Enter your birthday, followed by your student ID number.
- Check your Moravian email account, there will be a verification code sent to you. Please note: This code will only be active for 30 minutes.
- Copy the 6 digit verification code into the provided box and click “Next.”
- Verify your name, email, student ID number and campus location and click “Next.”
- Click “Yes” under “Do you currently have health insurance?” and click “Next.”
- Enter all the required insurance information and click “Next.”
- Provide your electronic signature and click “Submit” to complete the wavier process.
- An email copy of your submission will be sent to your Moravian College email address. Save this message as proof of your submission.
- If enrolled in the plan, this account will provide a copy of your health insurance card, check claim status, file medical claims and review the details of the plan
- If you have any questions, please call 1-800-346-4075 ext. 1452 or email Moravian@rcmd.com. They will be glad to help you with any questions that you may have.
This student's ID number is 567890. These are the 6 digits after the first 4 digits in the Account Number on your Moravian College ID Card.
Student Health Insurance
- Students waive or enroll in United Healthcare Insurance Coverage by visiting https://www.firststudent.com
- Students click here for United Healthcare Insurance Coverage Details
Best wishes for a healthy year!
Student Health Insurance Annual Rates
Undergraduate and International: