Office of the Provost
Mission and Vision for Office of the Provost:
The Office of the Provost collaborates across the university to foster a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and civil environment, in order to lead and support transformative teaching and learning experiences, research, creative endeavors, and service opportunities.
- Provide an environment that supports students’ preparation for meaningful lives and fulfilling careers;
- Support faculty and staff in pursuit of their professional aspirations and personal well-being;
- Help students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community partners move towards a more equitable and sustainable institutions and society;
- Articulate the value of the individuality and plurality of disciplines represented in our academic programs and the value of higher education; and
- Model personal responsibility and accountability for our collective work.
- Integrity and honesty
- Connectedness and interdependence
Greetings from the Provost and Dean of the Faculty
We at Moravian University are dedicated to creating a supportive academic environment spanning disciplines in the arts, humanities, health and biological sciences, physical sciences, and social sciences. Moravian has a deep commitment to the liberal arts through its approaches to undergraduate, graduate, and professional education, which works to nurture a diverse community of learning, creativity and innovation. We also joyously celebrate our tradition of inclusion. As our president has said many times, we have an obligation to see to it that a variety of perspectives are brought to bear on the pressing challenges and opportunities of our time.
As the chief academic officer, I am responsible for academic affairs including the oversight of all academic programs and ensuring excellence and delivering the University’s missions of academic excellence and innovation. The Provost also acts on behalf of the President in his absence, and works closely with the Deans of the Schools of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Natural and Health Sciences, and the Seminary.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website and learn a bit about our office. Please contact us if we can assist you in learning more about Moravian University. Our academic leadership team and staff members are here to serve you.
“If, in each hour, a man could learn a single fragment of some branch of knowledge, a single rule of some mechanical art, a single pleasing story or proverb (the acquisition of which would require no effort), what a vast stock of learning he might lay by. Seneca is therefore right when he says: ‘Life is long, if we know how to use it.’ It is consequently of importance that we understand the art of making the very best use of our lives.”
“Aristotle compared the mind of man to a blank tablet on which nothing was written, but on which all things could be engraved. There is, however, this difference, that on the tablet the writing is limited by space, while in the case of the mind, you may continually go on writing and engraving without finding any boundary, because, as has already been shown, the mind is without limit.”
- Quotes from John Amos Comenius, The Great Didactic, written 1628-32; published 1649; translated by M.W. Keatinge 1896.
- Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
- Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ASCOTE)
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Commission on Higher Education
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- American Chemical Society
- Department of Education of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- National Association of Schools of Music
- The Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing
- The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Association of Theological Schools
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- American Council on Education
- The National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- The Pennsylvania Association of Colleges and Universities
- The Annapolis Group
- The Council of Independent Colleges
- The Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Pennsylvania
- The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education
- The National Council for Science and the Environment
- The American Association of Colleges and Universities
- The Council of Undergraduate Research
- College Action Research Network
- The International Studies Association