Residence Life Staff
The Residence Life student staff is composed of Senior Resident Advisors (SRAs), Community Advisors (CAs), Head Residents (HRs), and Resident Advisors (RAs). The Associate Dean of Students and the Assistant/Associate Directors of Residence Life, as well as the Assistant/Associate Directors of Housing, support the student staff.
The staff is responsible for coordinating community development and serving as a resource or referral point for students while providing leadership in the community. Residence Life student staff are also responsible for confronting, enforcing, and documenting violations of University policies, procedures, and regulations. Each community is assigned a SRA who is available to assist and support residents, plan residence hall programs, and respond appropriately to violations of University regulations and residence hall policies. A RA supports each floor community. Students residing in the Hillside community are assigned a CA. A HR supports each fraternity and sorority house.
Interested in being an RA?
Selected on the basis of leadership, character, and the ability to relate to others, interested individuals should meet the following to apply:
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior standing. Second semester freshmen may apply the semester preceding when their employment would begin.
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
- Good conduct standing with the University.
- Continuing full-time undergraduate student status.
- Resides or has resided in a Moravian University residence hall for at least one semester.
Resident Advisor Applications
- Applications are due Tuesday, February 1. The selection timeline, contract commitments, and position description are available here.
- References are due Friday, February 4.
- Individual interviews will be conducted Tuesday, February 8 through Thursday, February 10.
- Group interviews will be held Friday evening, February 11, and Saturday morning, February 12.
- Candidates will be notified on Thursday, February 24 and have until Wednesday, March 9 to accept or decline their offer.
Staff appointments are made for an academic year, with selection taking place during the first half of the spring term of the preceding year. Applications are available at the beginning of the spring semester and selection decisions are communicated by the end of February.