Skip to main content
Off Campus Housing
Residence Life and Housing

Off-Campus Living

A limited number of off-campus releases are offered to rising seniors and juniors during the spring housing selection process, for the upcoming academic year.  Students should not sign a lease unless they receive notice from the College that they have been approved.

Off Campus Student Eligibility

  • Junior or Senior, or 20 years of age on the first day of the fall semester
  • Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA

  • Good financial
 and conduct standing

Meal Plans

Off-campus residents may elect to add a meal plan at any time. A complete list of meal plan options and requirements can be found on the Tuition & Fees page.

Off Campus Housing Considerations 

Before signing a lease, consider the following items:

  • Questions to ask:
    • What current tenants have liked and not liked? Why?

    • What types of problems have occurred, if any?

    • Does the landlord provide service in a timely manner?

    • Does the landlord live in the area? If not, was a name of a manager in the area provided?

    • How are maintenance repairs done? Are maintenance concerns addressed in a timely manner?

  • Finances
 to consider:
    • Security deposit

    • Rent

    • Cost of utilities

    • Additional costs

    • Bethlehem City parking permit (zoned areas)
    • Impact of Off-Campus Status on your financial aid package

  • Maintenance: Identify who is responsible for general maintenance issues, as well as snow removal and lawn maintenance.

  • Parking: Off-Campus residents will only qualify for a Commuter Parking permit if their off-campus residence is outside of the half-mile radius from campus. Students living in the City of Bethlehem are subject to city parking ordinances. Parking regulations vary throughout the City of Bethlehem. Vist to review information about street parking and permits.

  • Pet Policies & Deposits: Does the space allow pets and what is the cost associated it?

  • Renter’s Insurance: Landlords do not carry insurance on students’ property and recommen d that you have insurance. In the event of a natural disaster, theft, vandalism or fire, the tenant's’ personal belongings may be insured for their value. Students should check their parents’ homeowner policy to see if it will cover them in their off-campus location.

  • Utilities & Amenities: What utilities are provided and who is responsible for the costs?

  • Garbage & Recycling:

  • Disorderly Conduct