Commuting life overview
Approximately one-third of undergraduate students commute to campus. Many opportunities and resources are offered to benefit commuter students with their educational and social experience.
Commuter students must live with parents or legal guardians within a 50-mile radius of Moravian University. Students who are approved for a change to commuter status and are found living in an off-campus property may face student conduct action and will be billed for room and board.
- Full-time undergraduate students living within a 50-mile radius of Moravian University
- Part-time undergraduate students
- Graduate and non-traditional students
Commuting Benefits and Resources
- Commuter students save money on housing and meal plan costs, while having the same access to campus resources as resident students.
- There are many lounge spaces on campus where commuter students can relax between classes and activities.
- Commuter students can get involved in a wide variety of activities and organizations, including the Commuter Student Association, a student organization led by commuters for commuters.
Commuter students may elect to add a meal plan at any time, but this is not a requirement. A complete list of meal plan options and requirements are on the Tuition & Fees page. Commuter students seeking to add a meal plan should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changing Housing Status
For more information about changing to or from Commuter Status, explore the following resources:
- Requests during the current academic year, please review the Policies and Procedures page.
- Requests for the upcoming academic year, please review the Guide to Housing Selection.