Skip to main content

Accepted International Students

Accepted International Students

Congratulations on your acceptance to Moravian University!

Your Next Steps

Follow these steps to become a student at Moravian University:

Pay your enrollment deposit as soon as possible to confirm your enrollment in the coming semester: 

  • First-year students: $500
  • Transfer students: $400
  • Graduate students:
    • MSOT - $400
    • DPT - $400
    • MS-SLP - $500
    • Fine Arts does not require a deposit

You can pay the enrollment deposit using one of the following options:

  1. Pay online
  2. Electronic Wire transfer (Please contact for specific instructions to complete a wire transfer.)

Most students are financially sponsored by family, friends, or organizations. A sponsor must understand that they are making a financial commitment to the student, which should not be broken. Sponsors who fail to provide the promised support force students to drop out of school and cause pain and suffering. Do not expect that the student will be able to help support the costs of their education through employment. Employment is strictly controlled by USCIS (United States Citizen & Immigration Services) and is very limited.

To prove you are financially capable of providing this support for every year of the student's program, you must provide the following documents (Please note that if all of these documents are not sent, your support will not be considered.):

In order to issue the application for the student F-1 Visa (SEVIS I-20 form) accepted students must submit the following documents:

  • Certification of Finance form (included in your acceptance packet) that confirms you and your sponsor understand the total cost of education, and there are adequate funds to cover your educational expenses under normal conditions through the full program. This form must be completely filled out in English and must be completed by all persons (sponsors) financially supporting the student. All questions must be answered. This document will be provided in the acceptance letter.
  • A letter from a bank official or bank statements must accompany all figures indicated on the Certification of Finance form for verification. All documents must be dated within 3 months of application. Along with the Affidavit of Financial Support, three (3) consecutive months of bank statements must be included. The bank statements must be in the sponsor's name and include the date the account was opened, the current balance in U.S. dollars, average deposits, and average balances. We cannot accept statements that do not specify balances unless it is stated to be a minimum of six figures in U.S. dollars. Please note that if another person's name appears on the bank statement, that person must also complete a separate affidavit or submit a notarized* statement permitting those funds to be considered as financial support for the student.

Undergraduate students must prove that they have at least the equivalent of $70,376.00 (USD) per year readily available to them for educational expenses monies can be in any country and in any currency.

Graduate students must prove that they have at least the equivalent of $42,152.00 (USD) per year readily available to them for educational expenses monies can be in any country and in any currency. 

Students will receive more information regarding the Certificate of Finance form in their Acceptance Letter.

Acceptable sources of financial resources are saving accounts, checking accounts, money market accounts, and certificates of deposit. If Moravian awards you a merit scholarship, you may deduct the amount of the scholarship from the total.

*There are notaries public at all U.S. Embassies. In the U.S., most neighborhood pharmacists, lawyers, and accountants are notaries. There are notaries in all countries, though the names for them may be different. They are officials licensed by the national or regional government to take sworn statements for courts of law or to witness contracts and property deeds.

All international students must register with the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP). F-1 students will receive their I-20 from Moravian’s International Admission office after they pay the enrollment deposit and submit their proof of financial support. Please review your I-20 for accuracy including your name, program of study, and program begin and end dates. Notify us immediately if there are errors on your form. 

To complete and submit Form I901, you will find it online at Read and follow the instructions on the website.

To see the current fees for SEVIS, please visit

Receipt of Payment 
Keep the printed I-901 Payment Confirmation of Payment. You will need it later for proof of payment of the SEVIS fee. All receipts must be confirmed (by Internet) AT LEAST three U.S. government working days before your visa application interview.

Citizens of Canada only:

  1. No visa or visa application is required of Canadian citizens.
  2. Pay the SEVIS fee as explained above and keep the receipt.
  3. Present the SEVIS I901 Payment Confirmation at a U.S. Port of Entry.

Once you pay the SEVIS I-901 fee, you can begin the student visa application process. Visa application requirements vary by country, so you should go to to find the U.S. Embassy or Consulate nearest to you and research the specific requirements. 

Contact your local U.S. Consulate or Embassy to ask how to apply for an F-1 or J-1 student visa. View a list of U.S. embassies and consulates.

After you receive a Form I-20 (for F-1 students) or a DS-2019 (for J-1 exchange students) from Moravian University, follow the U.S. Embassy/Consulate's instructions about how to apply for your student visa. It is important to apply for your student visa as far in advance as possible since there may be a waiting period for an interview appointment. Students cannot apply for a visa more than 120 days before the program start date listed on the I-20/DS-2019 and cannot travel to the U.S. more than 30 days before the program start date. Do not make any non-refundable travel plans until you receive your visa.

What to Bring to the Interview

  1. A passport valid for at least six months beyond your period of stay in the U.S. Please be sure there are at least three empty pages in your passport. If needed, request additional pages prior to your visa interview.
  2. Form I-20 for F-1 students or Form DS-2019 for J-1 students (remember to sign it!)
  3. Moravian University acceptance letter
  4. Form DS-160 Nonimmigrant Visa Application form confirmation page
  5. Receipt for the Form DS-160 Nonimmigrant Visa Application fee payment
  6. One printed photo for if your photo upload fails; photo requirements are listed online at
  7. I-901 Payment Confirmation printed from the website for confirmation of payment of the SEVIS fee
  8. Financial evidence that shows you have sufficient funds to cover your tuition and living expenses during the period you intend to study in the U.S.
  9. Any information that proves that you will return to your home country after finishing your studies in the U.S. This may include proof of property, family, or other ties to your community.
  10. Remember to remain calm and answer all the Visa Officer’s questions openly and honestly.

Some countries may or may not be required to pay the Visa issuance fee. Please refer to the information at and select your country to determine whether you are required to pay the Visa issuance fee.

Please email when you receive your student visa.

You will need to provide proof of certain immunizations and health tests prior to your arrival at Moravian University. Download and complete your Moravian University Health Forms. Follow the directions on the form for submission. For questions about the health forms, please contact the Moravian University Health Center at

You will also need to have health insurance for your entire stay in the U.S. Moravian University has partnered with First Student Insurance to offer plans that will meet your needs while studying in the U.S. View the enrollment details, including rates, deadlines, and eligibility.

All undergraduate international students are required to attend our mandatory International Student Orientation and New Student Orientation programs. International Student Orientation is one week before classes start. Please see the International Student Orientation start date in your acceptance letter. Visit the New Student Orientation website to learn more

All graduate international students must attend an orientation by their Student Experience Mentor.

Please contact The Center for Global Education (610.625.7896) if you have questions. 

Your fall e-bill will be available on AMOS at the end of May. You will receive an email notification with more details and payment due dates.  

Moravian University has partnered with PayMyTuition for international tuition payments. With PayMyTuition, you can pay your tuition payments from any bank, in any country, in any currency at better than bank exchange rates. PayMyTuition is fast, simple, and cost-effective.

Questions about paying the bill should be directed to the Student Accounts office at 610-615-7142 or

Transcript Evaluation Service

Moravian University has partnered with International Education Evaluation (IEE) for transcript evaluation services. By utilizing the Moravian University IEE Institution Portal, students not only receive a discount for digital portal deliveries but also receive their evaluation in 5 days with standard processing. 

Moravian University also accepts the following evaluation services: 

Traveling to Campus

Moravian University wants every new student's travel to be easy. We ask that all incoming students email the following information to before the first day of orientation: 

  • Flight number
  • Departure city and time
  • Arrival city and time
  • Expected arrival time and location in Bethlehem

We recommend that students choose one of the following airports for their entry to the U.S.:

  • Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
  • John F. Kennedy Airport, New York City (JFK)
  • Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
  • Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE) - closest to campus

Directions to Moravian University

To get to campus, please use the address for Moravian University’s Center for Global Education:

1140 Main Street
Bethlehem, PA 18018

Bus Routes

There are no bus routes directly from JFK to Bethlehem. We recommend taking a ride service, like Uber or Lyft, from JFK to Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT). From there, you will take the bus to the LVIP -­ Trans­Bridge Bus Terminal in Bethlehem, PA. Once you arrive at the terminal in Bethlehem, you should take a ride service, like Uber or Lyft, to campus or your hotel. 

Private Cars

You can contact any of the following car service companies to schedule a pick­up from the John F. Kennedy Airport to Moravian University, 1140 Main Street, Bethlehem, PA 18018.

Bus Routes

Trans-Bridge Lines offers daily service from Newark Airport to Bethlehem, PA. Trans-Bridge Lines picks up passengers on the Lower Level of Newark Airport as follows:

  • Terminal A: Lower Level HOV Roadway according to time on the schedule
  • Terminal B: Lower Level HOV Roadway two (2) minutes after stopping at Terminal A
  • Terminal C: Lower Level HOV Roadway four (4) minutes after Terminal A

At Terminal A, our passengers will be directed to our location via electronic signs. At Terminals B & C, passengers should look for our metal Trans-Bridge Lines signs, marking our location.

From there, you will take the bus to the Bethlehem Transportation Center on the Allentown / Clinton / New York City Route. Once you arrive at the terminal in Bethlehem, you should take a ride service, like Uber or Lyft, to campus or your hotel. 

Private Cars

You can contact any of the following car service companies to schedule a pick­up from the Newark Liberty International Airport to Moravian University, 1140 Main Street, Bethlehem, PA 18018.


We know that students might arrive before the day they are allowed to move into their residence hall or that they might have friends and family traveling with them. View a list of recommended places to stay in Bethlehem.

What to Pack

Because you may be traveling a great distance to get to Moravian University and the U.S., you may not want to travel with everything you need for the semester. We can help you to plan what to bring from home and pack in your luggage and also what to purchase after you arrive.

Moravian residence halls have a bed, desk, chair, and closet for every student. You must bring or purchase school supplies and any other items you want for your residence hall room. Students will be responsible for traveling with the proper documents and should consider bringing a few other items with them from home, listed below.

  • Travel Documents (make sure all of these documents are easy to find in a carry-on bag and keep copies in your checked luggage)
    • Passport
    • Visa
    • I-20 or DS-2019
    • SEVIS I-901 Fee Confirmation of Payment
  • Financial Documents
  • Moravian University Acceptance Letter
  • Official Health Records
    • Official documentation of vaccinations with a physician's signature
    • Proof of health insurance, if purchased privately
  • Outlet and Plug Converter: You should purchase an electrical outlet and plug converter for the U.S. from your home country to use with any electric device you bring. The U.S. operates on 120 V and has type A and type B electrical plugs.
  • Camera: You may want to bring a camera if you plan to participate in any field trips or travel on your own.
  • International Driver's License: If you plan to rent or drive a car while in the U.S., you should get an international driver's license in your home country before traveling to Moravian University. International driver's licenses are valid for one year. After studying at Moravian University for one year, you will be eligible to apply for a Pennsylvania state driver's license.

Weather in Bethlehem, PA

When you arrive in August, you'll likely experience temperatures ranging anywhere from 70-90 degrees Fahrenheit (21-32 degrees Celsius). In these temperatures, lightweight clothing is suggested for your comfort. As the semester continues, heavier clothing may become necessary. 

In November and December, temperatures can drop to 17-40 degrees Fahrenheit (-8-4 degrees Celsius) and are typically accompanied by snow and ice, therefore a heavy overcoat, gloves, and scarves are highly recommended. These temperatures generally last until February. 

Once springtime approaches in March, temperatures begin to rise again to about 45-60 degrees Fahrenheit (7-15 degrees Celsius) and are often accompanied by rain, so a raincoat and umbrella are also a good idea. These temperatures can last throughout the remainder of the spring semester.