Skip to main content


Students relaxing outside

Frequently Asked Questions about International Admission

What financial documents are needed for the immigration process?

The financial documents required for the admission process include the Certification of Finances Form, certified letters, and bank statements which must be completed in their entirety and solely in English and by all persons (sponsors) financially supporting the student, and the bank statements must be dated within three months of application. The bank statements must be in the sponsor's name and include the date the account was opened, the current balance in U.S. dollars, average deposits, and average balances. Other acceptable evidence of financial support includes bank loans for educational purposes, scholarship letters, investment statements indicating liquid assets, and/or government funding.

May I transfer university credit?

Yes, students have the opportunity to transfer credit from previous institutions. Please see the Undergraduate and Graduate admission requirements on how to transfer your credit.

To transfer from a US institution to Moravian, students must submit the SEVIS Transfer Release Form. The SEVIS Transfer Release Form must be completed by PDSO, DSO, RO, or ARO at the school from which you wish to transfer and submitted to International Admission at Moravian University. Please note that your new Form I-20 (for F-1 students) or DS-2019 (for J-1 students) cannot be issued by Moravian University.

Does Moravian University accept the British system of coursework (i.e., O-, AS- and A-level)?

O-, AS-, and A-level coursework. In some cases, the coursework may be deemed equivalent to the completion of a secondary-level program (i.e. high school diploma). This is determined on a case-by-case review of grades in the coursework.

May I receive university credit for A-level coursework?

International students may receive university credit for A-level coursework depending on their final grades in those courses. To receive credit students must submit a course-by-course evaluation by one of the following evaluation services:

This evaluation should be mailed to the Office of International Admission. The number of credits awarded is determined on a case-by-case basis.

Must I hold an F-1 visa to study at Moravian University?

No. International students may also hold other visa types (oL-2, etc.), however, international students who are not on an F-1 visa may not be eligible for various F-1 benefits such as campus employment and practical training. Students are encouraged to research the various types of student visas available to them. If you have any questions about whether you may study at Moravian University, please contact

I am currently in the U.S. and hold a non-student visa; may I still study at Moravian University?

Students who hold a non-student visa may apply for admission to Moravian University, however, students must meet all academic requirements and be accepted to Moravian University before they can apply for a change of status to a student visa (i.e. F-1 or J-1). Certain non-student visa holders, such as B-1, B-2 visitors, and F-2 (unless a minor) applying for F-1 status may not begin their program of study until the change of status has been approved by USCIS.

I do not have a visa, may I still study at Moravian University?

Yes. Moravian University will not deny admission to the university so long as the student meets general admissions requirements.

I hold a green card, should I still apply as an international student?

No. International students who hold a green card are considered permanent residents and should apply through the regular application process.

I am a U.S. citizen living aboard or have dual U.S. citizenship, where do I apply?

U.S. citizens living abroad and dual U.S. citizens apply through the regular application process. Students may be asked to take an English Language Proficiency exam. This is determined on a case-by-case basis.

Does Moravian University accept Advance Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) credits?

Yes, please see Moravian University’s credit policies.