General Selection is a process based on Housing Points and Lottery Numbers. All current residents who do not receive a pre-selection housing assignment and are planning to return for the fall semester are automatically entered into the general housing selection process. Students who are abroad during General Selection will be emailed in early March to select a proxy to assist them in the selection process.
We encourage all students to review the following information prior to ensure they are prepared for General Selection.
General Selection Admissions Tickets, Housing Points & Lottery Numbers Distributed
General Selection Admissions Tickets will be distributed to students via email on Thursday, April 9, 2020. Admissions tickets identify a student's Housing Points & Lottery Number.
- Students are awarded one point for each semester (fall or spring only) they have been a full-time student at Moravian College or another institution regardless of housing status.
- Points will not be given for any semester where less than a full-time course load was completed.
- Points will not be given after the sixth term as a full time student.
- There is no scenario in which anyone can earn additional/bonus housing points.
- Students can combine housing points with other students to form groups or can go through the process as an individual.
Lottery Numbers are randomly assigned numbers used to determine the order of selection based on groups/individuals with the same number of housing points.
If a student is issued an Admission Ticket that they believe has the wrong number of housing points, they should complete the Appeal Form stop by the HUB Desk to complete an appeal on or before Monday, April 13 to allow time to review your appeal.
Sign the Residence Hall Room Contract
Students planning to participate in General Selection must electronically sign the Residence Hall Room Contract before Wednesday, April 15. The contract will be accessible via AMOS when the student logs in.
Review Housing Inventory
Included in student's Admission Ticket email sent on Thursday, April 9, will be a link to the inventory of available spaces for General Housing Selection. The inventory will be updated in real time during General Housing Selection.
Check out upperclass housing options. Consider visiting the unit(s) you want to select before General Housing Selection, if possible. A limited number of housing units will be reserved for individual students to select a single-occupancy room.
Attend an Information Session
General Selection Information Sessions will be held via a Zoom Webinar on Tuesday, April 14 & Wednesday, April 15 at 6pm.
Consider the following prior to General Selection:
- Who do you want to live with?
- Where do you want to live? What are some alternate options?
- What are you/your group’s combined points?
- Of those in your group, who has the most points?
- Of those in your group with the most housing points, who has the lowest lottery number?
- If not everyone can attend General Selection, who will represent your group?
- If selecting a suite, who will live in each room?
Review the list of Frequently Asked Questions.
General Housing Selection will be conducted via a Zoom webinar this year.
Friday, April 17
- 4:00 PM - Groups with 31-60 pts
- 5:00 PM - Groups with 30 pts
- 6:00 PM - Groups with 28-29 pts
- 7:00 PM - Groups with 25-27 pts
- 8:00 PM - Groups with 24 pts
Saturday, April 18
- 1:00 PM - Groups with 20-23 pts
- 2:00 PM - Groups with 17-19 pts
- 3:00 PM - Groups with 16 pts
- 4:00 PM - Groups with 11-15 pts
- 5:00 PM - Groups with 10 pts
- 5:30 PM - Groups/individuals with 5-9 pts
Sunday, April 19
- 1:00 PM - Groups/individuals with 4 pts, and lottery #1-100
- 1:45 PM - Groups/individuals with 4 pts, and lottery #101-200
- 2:30 PM - Groups/individuals with 4 pts, and lottery #201-300
- 3:15 PM - Groups/individuals with 4 pts, and lottery #301-400
- 4:00 PM - Groups/individuals with 4 pts, and lottery #401-500
- 4:45 PM - Groups/individuals with 4 pts, and lottery #501-600
- 5:30 PM - Groups/individuals with 1-3 pts
Students should click the Zoom Webinar link to access the General Housing Selection at their specified date and time based on total group points. Once students enter the Webinar, their microphones and videos will be turned off.
A real-time running list of the available housing inventory will be projected on the screen. A member of the Student Life & Housing staff will facilitate the order of selection. Groups with higher housing points and lower lottery numbers will select before groups with the same/fewer housing points and higher lottery numbers. Group Leaders will be asked to respond to these requests.
When a Group Leader and their members are called for selection, a member of the Office of Housing will provide a new Zoom meeting (Room 2) link in the chat. Only members of that groups should click the link and proceed to the next meeting area. In the next meeting, their points will be confirmed. Students will then be sent to a breakout room (Room 3) within the Zoom meeting to select their housing assignment for the 2020-2021 academic year. Groups/individuals will have one minute to select their housing option. Groups/individuals must be able to completely fill a space to select it (i.e. 4 students cannot sign up for a 5-person Hillside unit, a student cannot sign up for a 2-person room, etc).
Housing inventory is based on availability at the time of selection. Students should come prepared with a list of options, as some may be chosen before it is their turn. If they are not present when their number is called, the selection process will continue.
The College anticipates that a number of students may not select their preferred housing option or will not be able to select a room during General Selection. If students find themselves in this position, they will have the opportunity to add their name(s) to the Housing Waitlist. This waitlist will be made available to them in Room 3. Students who do not select a room will be assigned as No Room Assignment (NRA) and will be added to the Housing Waitlist until the College is able to offer them an assignment. The College guaranties that all residential students will be offered and assigned to a room assignment by early August, if not sooner.
Room 1: Main Meeting Area where Group Leaders and members will begin General Housing Selection process
Room 2: Individual groups will be sent to Room 2 to confirm points of group members
Room 3: Groups will select housing assignment for 2020-2021 academic year
Students on the Housing Waitlist will be contacted throughout the remainder of the spring semester and during the summer as space becomes available [based on their preferences]. The College guarantees that all residential students will be offered and assigned to a room assignment by early August, if not sooner.
Meal Plan Selection
Following General Selection, students will be emailed with a link to select their meal plan for the upcoming academic year. Selection should be made by Friday, May 8 to guarantee accurate billing.